Allingham Beck is an association of like minded professionals who specialize in the formulation, development, packaging and design of unique natural cosmetics. We are able to formulate, design, pack and produce all types of cosmetics. Our main focus and our inspiration comes from the natural world.
- We use ingredients as close to source as possible.
- We use organic ingredients where possible and are constantly adding to our list of sustainable organic sources.
- We look for fair trade suppliers.
- We specialize in the formulation of preservative free and naturally preserved products.
- We actively source innovative ingredients with a proven history of efficacy.
- We do not undertake animal testing under any circumstances.
- We do not use any ingredient that has been animal tested after 1988.
- Where possible we use only ingredients that have never been animal tested.
- We do not use animal derived ingredients that result in the demise of, or injury to, the animal.
Stephen Smalls has over 30 years experience in this industry and has worked as a manufacturer and consultant chemist both here and in the United States for The Body Shop International, John Frieda, Truefitt & Hill, and many more.
Hilary Cook has had a similar career length in the Industry specialising in Project Management and Retail Sales. She has worked with design retailers such as John Lewis, Habitat, Heals, Laura Ashley, The Pottery Barn, William Sonoma and Brand Owners from volume to niche.
With a Senior Management career that has spanned both the raw materials used and product development and even included a spell in retail, Hilary brings a unique multi disciplined insight into the process you are about to embark upon.
- We pride ourselves on personal service.
- We believe good communication is paramount.
- We seek to use meaningful ingredients at efficient levels.
- We have Soil Association and Eco-cert manufacturing when required.
Allingham Beck are recommended by many as the ‘hand holders’ to those wishing to enter the ‘Beauty Mine Field’.
It can be a truly daunting, expensive and time consuming process but we are here to help.
Much of our job at Allingham Beck with brands new to the Industry is a vertical learning curve of information sharing before we start the actual formulating. There is so much misinformation out there and truths and half truths abound.
We feel our Industry Body the CTPA is the one to trust, as members we go to them for adjudication and clarification particularly when rules change as they frequently do.
So this link may provide a useful additional tool for your research – https://www.thefactsabout.co.uk